Saturday 28 May 2011

sHoPpInG sPrEe-nOt aCtUaLLy!!

Typical weekend in the life of a teenager usually includes movies and mall hopping..one to another and then to another. Since my life had become quite boring due to long college breaks and practically no work to do. I decided to relive the teenage life..which I am not over with yet..m still 8-teen. :)


Most of the Friday night was spent reminding my sister to buy tickets for Hangover II which she gladly obliged.Since I am a total control freak..and do not wish to miss movie beginnings..even the part where they inform about the fire exits..and especially planning next movie outing by watching the movie trailors..so a constant reminder needed to be put forth for no delays..gladly there were none :)


Though the movie was a little(read very) vulgar in parts..but who cares..it was hilarious!! Zach Galifianakis  does a stupendous job acting like a total nutter :) and watching Ed Helms makes you pity the guy!! and it totally lived up to the first movie's hype..which reminds me..HANGOVER PART 1 was actually my first adult movie in a movie theater..I was barely 16 I guess :) 


The movie was followed by a relaxing window shopping spree..catching up with the latest trends..criticizing the OTT fashion statements..
What if that was all there was to life..Clothes and Accessories!! :)
Piles and piles of clothes to chose from...shelves of accessories..!! How much more exciting could it get!!
You would never have the be thrifty..because you never wanted to be in the first place!!


I'm no compulsive shopper..but what if you were..with no credit card bills to care about and no debts to clear..!!! The world would have been one happy family-well no actually!!-I can still imagine girls fighting over that one simply mesmerizing piece of cashmere scarf..obviously with no "money" to decide who the owner would be.


This brings me to the job I think would suit me the best-Personal Shopper :) Deciding what would best suit your clients keeping in mind their taste and occasion is a simply mind blowing job opportunity..especially if it keeps you near a brand new untouched  pair of Chanel boots or a pristine Jimmy Choo which would go with your Gucci sheath dress :)


It actually is a trend that is largely picking up due to its ever growing market in India. All luxury brands are first to jump to the bandwagon by hiring personal shoppers..


Even though its a little out of budget.. but it did not kill you to try that amazing cocktail dress at Burberry and imagine the level of ecstasy a girl goes through after putting on her first pair of Chanels :) and the Dior glasses to go with it 


After all as Rebbecca Bloomwood has rightly said: 


"You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well that's what it's like when I see a store. Only it's better. "


AND 


"When I shop the world gets better, the world is better; and then it's not anymore and I have to do it again."

After all there are somethings guys don't understand!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment